Articles, essays and eulogies
A dedicated team.
James Fairfax had the privilege of working with many wonderful people throughout his life.
Including his personal assistants, Dorothy (Doff) Lady Edwards, Janet Finn, and Kathryn Merceica; his housekeepers for many years, Brian and Julie Lainson, and on their retirement, their daughter, Sharon and her husband John Mulholland; And notably, his long time financial advisor and CEO for many years of James’ holding company, Bridgestar Pty Ltd, Mr Allen Robinson.
Loyal, talented, hardworking, trusted and trustworthy people, all of whom were instrumental in the James Fairfax story.
Currently, the management of the James Fairfax Foundation, Bridgestar Pty Ltd, and the Estate Of The Late James Fairfax is:
Chair: Allen Robinson
CEO: Joe Galea
Board Members: Edward Simpson, Chris Cuffe AO
Company Secretary: Sharon Windsor
Administration: Lisa Coulson
From L : John Mulholland, James, Sharon Mulholland, in front of James’ magnificent Titian.
From L: Allen Robinson, James’ long-time advisor, James, and Edward Simpson, James’ nephew, 2004. Allen and Edward became James’ executors on his death.
Further reading resources.
Explore the articles below for a deeper insight into James’ life.
- James Fairfax (a memoir) “My Regards to Broadway” 1991, Angus and Robertson.
- Richard Beresford, Peter Raissis, “The James Fairfax Collection” AGNSW, 2003.
- Gavin Souter, “Heralds and Angels: The House of Fairfax 1841-1990” Melb Uni Press, 1991.
- Gavin Souter, “Company of Heralds – A Century and a half of Australian Publishing” Melb Uni Press, 1981.
- VJ Carroll, “The Man who Couldn’t Wait” W. Heinemann Australia, 1990.
- Alex Gilly, “Portrait of a Collector in Twelve Objects” AGNSW press, released 2022.
- JF Fairfax “The Story of John Fairfax” John Fairfax and sons, 1941.